|AUTHOR:||Shaikh Zayd bin Muhammad Al-Madkhalee|
|SOURCE:||His treatise "Wujoob Sitr-il-Wajhi wal-Kafayn"|
First: A clarification of the rulings that can be derived from the evidences on Hijaab, and they are as follows:
1. The obligation of the legislated Hijaab is definite and binding on all of the believing women, there being no room for lenience or negotiation with regard to abolishing it or belittling its status and its significance.
2. A clarification that the Prophet’s chaste wives and noble daughters serve as the best examples and most outstanding role models for all Muslim women when it comes to implementing the issue of Hijaab.
3. The prescribed Hijaab is that which covers a woman’s adornment, garments and all of her body, which includes the face and the hands.
4. The obligation of wearing the Hijaab on the Muslim woman consists of honoring her status, raising her rank, and protecting her dignity and personality. In fact it protects the whole society from the avenues of mischief and corruption appearing in it and the spreading of vile acts amongst its people and inhabitants.
5. A severe warning to the Muslim woman against her wearing that which will make the eyes of men look towards her or which will make their hearts incline to her or which will incite the causes of mischief. Such enticements include wearing perfumes and cosmetics. However she is permitted to wear these when she is in the presence of her husband or her male guardians according to the limits of the noble Religion.
6. There is nothing wrong with children, young boys and whoever else falls under their ruling, to enter into a woman’s presence due to the lack of there occurring any fitnah or danger from them, as is apparent from the Qur’aan.
7. The obligation of repenting to Allaah in general and to seek forgiveness for falling short of abiding by the Hijaab in particular, hoping for Allaah’s Contentment and Mercy, and desiring to attain success in both this world and the next life, acting on Allaah’s statement:
“And turn in repentance to Allaah, all of you, O believers, in order that you may be successful.” [Surah An-Noor: 31]